Meet Particular Planner!
Jodie was already experienced in event planning, but it wasn’t until after her own wedding that she was inspired to start her own planning business to serve the New Jersey/New York/Tri-State area! With Particular Planner having just celebrated its one-year anniversary (yay – congratulations!), we chatted a little with Jodie about her business, wedding planner myths, and more! Read on to see what she has to share!
1. When was the first moment you knew you wanted to do this for your career?
Right after I planned my own wedding! I was already in the event industry, working for a major PR firm executing special events, but the wedding industry became my goal after planning my own!
2. What do you do to understand a couple’s vision and bring it to life?
We talk non stop! I believe if I get to know my clients like I would a new friend, then I can understand their visions, goals and help guide them in the decision making in the weeks/months leading up to the wedding/event and also on the day of!
3. What advice do you have for couples about hiring a vendor in your category?
Try to set-up a time to meet in person! It’s so important that there’s a connection there, and sometimes the only way to know that is by sitting down for coffee (or wine!) and talking!
4. What is the biggest misconception about vendors in your category and/or what you do?
That we cost a fortune! Or that we can give venues a hard time! Neither are true!
5. Why choose you over “them?” What makes your company unique?
Clients can create a custom package that caterers to their needs! We believe that planning services isn’t a luxury service, but a necessary service in the event industry.
6. Why do you love what you do?
I love meeting new clients and seeing their visions come to life! The day of the wedding or the event is so rewarding – I love seeing all the hard work together!
And now for some rapid-fire fun questions…
7. If you could only stick with one… books, TV, movies or music?
8. What wedding tradition should be brought back?
9. Fitness activity of choice?
10. How do you decompress after a hard day?
By hitting the gym or spending time with my family
Follow @particularplanner on Instagram now to see their work in action, and reach out here (don’t forget to mention NST Pictures) if you’d like to set up a free 30-min consultation with Jodie and her team at Particular Planner!