How to Look Natural in your Wedding Video
It’s normal to feel nervous and restless on your wedding day–it happens to everyone. Some brides end up having a forced smile to cover up the nerves or the groom becomes a little fidgety while waiting for the bride to walk down the aisle.
Here are a few tips to appear more relaxed in front of the lens.
- Take a deep breath and relax. It’s your day. Think happy thoughts and don’t forget to smile. Share your happiness with your loved ones and the people around you. As NST Pictures’ headquarters director says, “Stay present; there is nothing more joyful to watch than a couple genuinely having a blast on their wedding day!” Focus on what’s important and get wrapped up in it completely.
- For the bride, makeup should enhance and showcase your natural beauty. This doesn’t mean that you have to do an all-natural look. A pop of red, pink or even purple lips, like these gorgeous shades, can be an amazing accent to your beauty, as long as you feel comfortable! Don’t forget to have your makeup trial to see which look suits you best. Check out this great tip from All Brides New York to keep your wedding makeup looking natural.
- Make sure that you are comfortable with what you are wearing. Your wedding dress should not only be elegant but it should be comfortable enough and allow you to move around since this will greatly affect your movement in front of the camera. A dress that’s too loose or too tight can be distracting. Be sure that the bottom is hemmed properly so you’re not worried about tripping.
- A first look is a great idea if you’re both feeling nervous about the big day. Seeing each other beforehand will help you calm your nerves and allow you to appear more relaxed once the actual ceremony starts. Read more about first looks here.
- Make sure you maintain good posture. This will help you look confident in the film. Keep your shoulders back and chin up. Just be careful that you’re not too stiff!
- Stop looking FOR the camera and stop looking AT the camera: let it find you. It will help you loosen up if you act as if no one is shooting your wedding video. NST Pictures’ cinematographers are really good at blending into the background so it shouldn’t be hard to forget we’re there. Just be yourself.
- Trust your wedding videographer–you hired them for a reason. Let them do their job while you do yours and that is to enjoy and have the time of your life! Just let go, have fun and show the world how in love you are.
It’s not that hard, right? Take a look at Daryl and Keith’s charming NYC wedding film. Watch how natural this adorable couple looked behind the lens.
Still looking for videographer to make a romantic wedding video for you and your fiancé? Contact us at NST Pictures to see if we’re available for your date.